Monday, May 15, 2006
The Vigil After Dover
Listen live online Wednesday, May 17 at 8:00 pm Eastern 7:00 pm Central as Pulitzer-prize winning science writer Deborah Blum moderates a panel discussion on the meaning of the Dover decision for the teaching of biology in public school classrooms around the country:
- Dr. Eugenie C. Scott, the Executive Director of the National Center for Science Education
- Jack F. Haught, the Landegger Distinguished Professor of Theology at Georgetown University, Robert Pennock, a professor at Michigan State University and an expert witness in the Dover intelligent design trial
- Michael Ruse, a professor of Philosophy at Florida State University and author, most recently of Darwin and Design: Does Evolution Have a Purpose?
- Dr. Joseph Travis, Robert O. Lawton Distinguished Professor of Biology at Florida State University
- Steven G. Gey, professor of Law at Florida State University and one of the country's leading scholars on religious liberties and free speech