Monday, May 08, 2006
- Rightwing Populism in America: Too Close for Comfort, by Chip Berlet and Matthew Lyons, Guilford, 2000.
- Eternal Hostility: The Struggle Between Theocracy and Democracy, by Frederick Clarkson, Common Courage Press, 1997.
- Kingdom Coming: The Rise of Christian Nationalism, by Michelle Goldberg, W.W. Norton, 2006.
- With God on Their Side: How Christian Fundamentalists Trampled Science, Policy, and Democracy in George W. Bush's White House, by Esther Kaplan, New Press, 2004.
- American Theocracy: The Peril and Politics of Radical Religion, Oil, and Borrowed Money in the 21st Century, by Kevin Phillips, Viking, 2006.
RSR recommends Chris Mooney's book, The Republican War on Science, Barbara Forrest and Paul Gross' Creationism's Trojan Horse, and Karen Armstrong's book, The Battle for God.
Doubt, by poet-historian Jennifer Michael Hecht, is our own personal bible -- if a skeptic can be said to have such a thing as a bible. It's a brilliant, beautiful book.
We'd also like to know what RSR readers recommend. Let us know.